At Sheffield Springs Academy we aim to develop character, compassion and service. We want our pupils to look back on a joyful schooling which has inspired and challenged them, given wide opportunity and prepared them for life’s broad experiences.
As such, we have devised ‘The Springs Promise' with our core values Respect, Excellence, Ambition, & Pride at the heart of everything we do.
The Springs Promise
The Springs Promise sets our expectations for the wider opportunities that each pupil will access during their time at Sheffield Springs Academy. Our promises aim to expose pupils to experiences they would never otherwise receive, giving the opportunity to do new and exciting activities outside of school and the local community, and meet other children from other regions.
- Attend a residential visit
- Explore the city you live in through a variety of cultural experiences
- Be creative through playing a musical instrument, singing in a choir, participating in extra-curricular sport or taking part in a drama or dance production
- Listen to an inspirational speaker
- Attend an artistic, cultural or sporting event
- Help others through voluntary activities, fundraising or enterprise
- Represent the academy at a public facing event
- Develop leadership and character through student council, student ambassadors, sports leaders and anti-bullying representatives
- Be prepared for life in modern Britain through activities including debates and public speaking
- To have meaningful encounters with further education providers and employers