Please find a copy of our most recent Ofsted inspection report below:
Summer 2018 Key Stage 4 (KS4) Results
- Attainment 8 score = 46.7
- Percentage of pupils achieving a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and maths = 31%
- Percentage of pupils entering for the English Baccalaureate = 1.5%
- Percentage of pupils who’ve achieved the English Baccalaureate = 0%
- Percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4 (destinations)
- FE = 63%
- VI Form = 32%
- Apprenticeship = 4%
- NEET = 1%
The outcomes for 2017/18 were a testament to the relationships between our staff, pupils and their families, each one of them playing their part in in trying to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential.
In the past, schools and academies have been judged on the number of students who attained 5 or GCSEs at grade A* - C. However, in the last couple of years, the government announced a change to the system, stating that it was more important to measure not just the students’ exam grades, but how much progress they had actually made. In support of this, the government has introduced a new system called Progress 8, which captures this progress by measuring the performance of students across a suite of 8 subjects (which must include English and Mathematics), highlighting how well a school or academy is actually performing.